Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2253413 - 05/04/21 03:10 PM BSA Training DVD
mkp122 Offline
100 Club
NJ
Does anyone have any suggestions for BSA Training, specifically suspicious activity examples? We currently use a combination of online and in person training but were looking for an updated DVD to supplement the training. Thanks.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2253421 - 05/04/21 03:41 PM Re: BSA Training DVD mkp122
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I'm not sure you'll find a DVD versus a webinar which is much more modern.

Return to Top
#2253490 - 05/05/21 04:28 PM Re: BSA Training DVD mkp122
CI@MBOC Offline
as an AML/BSA investigator of 15+yrs at 5 different banks, I couldn't even imagine compiling and putting together a "suspicious activity" training DVD. There's nothing visual to the work, it's all spreadsheets and numbers, and calling something "suspicious" is highly subjective anyway. What's suspicious to one person may be insignificant to another, and vice versa. Gut instinct and developing year-over-year-over-year analysis and trends and expected activity for consumer vs. business is so specific to an institution/industry, it's not a catch-all training scenario. I rarely find webinars to be helpful either, most have just turned into sales pitches by the webinar sponsor. This is one of those career areas that requires comparative analysis skill. What is suspicious at my current bank (based on customer demographic, bank's risk and product portfolio, etc etc) wouldn't have even alerted at my prior bank(s). Your best bet is job shadowing so those institution-level characteristics can be taught.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z