Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2253716 - 05/10/21 04:45 PM Bridge Loan and Reg B
Love those Regs Offline
Gold Star
Southern State
Bridge loan - taking 1st lien on existing house only (not taking a lien on house being purchased) - and will be paid off when existing house sells - we are not a HMDA reporter - do we get the demographic info (DI) on this loan for Reg B? It is for purchase of new principal dwelling - and will be secured by current principal dwelling... Reg. B 1002.13 states a person can only have one principal residence at a time; however, if a person buys or builds a new dwelling that will be their principal residence within a year, the new dwelling is considered the principal residence.

Our borrower already has a contract on the existing house so we do not anticipate this lasting but a couple of weeks (not more than a year). The new house is not securing the loan and based on my reading of the above, the new house will be the principal residence which is leading me to think this is not going to need DI on this loan. ????

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2253733 - 05/10/21 06:44 PM Re: Bridge Loan and Reg B Love those Regs
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1002.13—Information for monitoring purposes.
(a) Information to be requested. (1) A creditor that receives an application for credit primarily for the purchase or refinancing of a dwelling occupied or to be occupied by the applicant as a principal residence, where the extension of credit will be secured by the dwelling, shall request as part of the application the following information regarding the applicant(s):

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z