Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2254682 - 06/01/21 01:58 PM Privacy Question
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
Are mortgage loan terms considered non-public personal financial information under Regulation P? The relationship between the lender and the consumer would be public information in the mortgage DOT but would sharing the loan terms along with the customer name be an issue? (When I say loan terms I am referring to rate/product type/term of the loan. I am thinking it might fall under (ii) below but would like an additional perspective.

Personally identifiable financial information means any information:

(i) A consumer provides to you to obtain a financial product or service from you;

(ii) About a consumer resulting from any transaction involving a financial product or service between you and a consumer; or

(iii) You otherwise obtain about a consumer in connection with providing a financial product or service to that consumer.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2254689 - 06/01/21 03:37 PM Re: Privacy Question Inspector
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1016.14(b) Necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction means that the disclosure is:

(1) Required, or is one of the lawful or appropriate methods, to enforce your rights or the rights of other persons engaged in carrying out the financial transaction or providing the product or service;

Return to Top
#2254697 - 06/01/21 04:13 PM Re: Privacy Question Inspector
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
Sorry, my reference to the recording was just to mention that the relationship between lender and consumer was public information. To clarify, this information is being provided to an unaffiliated third-party for that third-parties use in marketing. Wondering if the consumer's loan terms would be an issue to share without the opt-out.
Last edited by Inspector; 06/01/21 04:17 PM.

Return to Top
#2254704 - 06/01/21 05:44 PM Re: Privacy Question Inspector
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You providing it to a third party? That would require an opt-out.

Return to Top
#2254732 - 06/01/21 11:14 PM Re: Privacy Question Inspector
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
Thank you.

Return to Top