Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2254868 - 06/04/21 06:00 PM Website Requirements for Risk Based Pricing
Community Banker Offline
100 Club
Consumer loan department would like to update the website and provide rate ranges. These are all close ended loans. They use a risk based pricing model. Should I be providing a payment example? And if so, how do I determine what rate to provide the payment example? hi-low-mid?

I know I should include the standard -- all loans are subject to credit approval; rates and terms are subject to change at any time; APRs vary based on credit worthiness of the applicant. Is there anything I am forgetting?

Thank you for your help!

Return to Top
Marketing
#2254872 - 06/04/21 06:15 PM Re: Website Requirements for Risk Based Pricing Community Banker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I assume you really mean APR ranges, as interest rates cannot be listed without the APR? While there is some flexibility if you have varying terms, I am not aware of that flexibility when you have varying APRs.

Return to Top
#2254873 - 06/04/21 06:21 PM Re: Website Requirements for Risk Based Pricing Community Banker
Community Banker Offline
100 Club
Yes, correct. Sorry I meant to say APR. So if I follow you, and they want to move forward with this, I should have payment examples for the entire range?

Return to Top
#2254878 - 06/04/21 06:30 PM Re: Website Requirements for Risk Based Pricing Community Banker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would just go with a statement that your actual interest rate and APR is based on your credit score and it may be higher or lower. You are entering into an advertising nightmare.

Return to Top
#2254885 - 06/04/21 07:28 PM Re: Website Requirements for Risk Based Pricing Community Banker
Community Banker Offline
100 Club
I can't wait. smile

Thanks for your help!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker