Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2255123 - 06/10/21 03:10 PM Permissible Purpose to Pull Credit
Hailey Klaas Offline
New Poster
We have a customer that is a victim of fraud. The customer called several different credit reporting agencies to get information and received several different answers regarding credit information. The customer wants us to pull a tri - credit report for them. Would this be a permissible purpose to pull the credit report?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2255140 - 06/10/21 05:05 PM Re: Permissible Purpose to Pull Credit Hailey Klaas
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Why is the customer asking you to pull a credit report instead of taking advantage of their free credit reports?

Return to Top
#2255144 - 06/10/21 05:22 PM Re: Permissible Purpose to Pull Credit Hailey Klaas
Hailey Klaas Offline
New Poster
The customer wants all three credit bureaus on the report.

Return to Top
#2255149 - 06/10/21 06:11 PM Re: Permissible Purpose to Pull Credit Hailey Klaas
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
They should pull a free one from each agency. You have no dog in this hunt.

Return to Top
#2255159 - 06/10/21 07:32 PM Re: Permissible Purpose to Pull Credit Hailey Klaas
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Your contract with your CRA may not permit you to pull the report (or give them a copy). I agree with Randy that you would be wise to stay out of it and have them pull their free one from each agency.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2255163 - 06/10/21 09:13 PM Re: Permissible Purpose to Pull Credit Hailey Klaas
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
Have them go to www.annualcreditreport.com Like others said, they can get all 3 reports in an easier to read manner than what creditors normally get,

Return to Top
#2255189 - 06/11/21 05:29 PM Re: Permissible Purpose to Pull Credit Hailey Klaas
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Depending on type of fraud or identity theft, they may also want to check the specialty credit bureaus.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z