Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2255235 - 06/14/21 02:25 PM Disclosing Duplicate Bill Fee- Escrow
Zach Ovington Offline
New Poster
Many banks eat the fees that counties charge to pay bills from duplicates or printouts. If a Bank were to decide to pass along this fee to the customer, how would one disclose this? We cannot do it on the initial LE and CD. Anyone out there have a solution?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2255240 - 06/14/21 03:27 PM Re: Disclosing Duplicate Bill Fee- Escrow Zach Ovington
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
First you would have to check State law to see if you are allowed to charge fees on the escrow account.

Return to Top
#2255305 - 06/15/21 03:14 PM Re: Disclosing Duplicate Bill Fee- Escrow rlcarey
Zach Ovington Offline
New Poster
IL law only addresses when a borrower chooses to pledge an account rather than escrow. They would not be able to be charged a fee in this instance. Barring that, I am not sure how to disclose the fee other than a letter.

Return to Top
#2255316 - 06/15/21 04:12 PM Re: Disclosing Duplicate Bill Fee- Escrow Zach Ovington
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Then would it not be a function of the escrow account and not the loan? I am not sure it would impact the LE/CD. The fee would be assessed to the escrow acount would it not. Not sure that many escrow systems are set up for fees however.

Return to Top
#2255318 - 06/15/21 04:49 PM Re: Disclosing Duplicate Bill Fee- Escrow rlcarey
Zach Ovington Offline
New Poster
Yes I agree that it would not impact the LE/CD and that would not be the means to disclose. No, escrow systems dont have fee built in. I believe 99% of the banks out there eat the cost.

Return to Top