Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2255453 - 06/17/21 01:55 PM Title Company Escrow account fees
Anonymous
Unregistered

We maintain an account for a title company that they use for their escrows. The account is in the title company name and their customers (who the escrows are ultimately for) are not listed as owners or signers in any way. From our POV this is simply the title company's account.

Now the title company is saying that we are not allowed to charge them any fees (such as wire fees) due to some regulation they have because this money that sits there is not their money. The money that goes to this account is the customers money so we cannot charge them.

I am waiting for the title company to cite any specific regulation or law they are referring to. Admittedly, I don't have full knowledge of state laws in every area (Texas) but this seems...wrong? I could see something where the title company couldn't charge fees (or at least have to have disclosed them) but any kind of hypothetical rule seems unlikely to "pass-through" to us in this scenario.

Is there a prohibition on fees I am missing? How do other banks handle these types of accounts?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2255456 - 06/17/21 02:28 PM Re: Title Company Escrow account fees Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

charge the fee to another account? Have them open a small account to take the fees from.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale