Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2256194 - 06/30/21 10:46 PM Appraisal Notice & delivery requirements
banker-12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Does the appraisal notice and delivery requirements apply to a loan secured by commercial tracts of land with a 1-4 dwelling that will be demolished to built apartments? An appraisal on the land only was ordered?

Thank You

Return to Top
Interagency (Reg Z) and CFPB Reg B Appraisal Rules
#2256197 - 07/01/21 11:40 AM Re: Appraisal Notice & delivery requirements banker-12
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Great question. Is the loan initially going to be secured by a first lien on a dwelling?

(2) Disclosure. For applications subject to paragraph (a)(1) of this section, a creditor shall mail or deliver to an applicant, not later than the third business day after the creditor receives an application for credit that is to be secured by a first lien on a dwelling, a notice in writing of the applicant's right to receive a copy of all written appraisals developed in connection with the application. In the case of an application for credit that is not to be secured by a first lien on a dwelling at the time of application, if the creditor later determines the credit will be secured by a first lien on a dwelling, the creditor shall mail or deliver the same notice in writing not later than the third business day after the creditor determines that the loan is to be secured by a first lien on a dwelling.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2256207 - 07/01/21 01:36 PM Re: Appraisal Notice & delivery requirements banker-12
banker-12 Offline
Diamond Poster
The dwelling will be demolished after closing so I guess we will initially have a lien.

Return to Top
#2256212 - 07/01/21 02:37 PM Re: Appraisal Notice & delivery requirements banker-12
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
So that is the answer I would go by.

On a side note, I was once auditing a bank and found a file where an LO waive a requirement (happened to be flood insurance, but the story still holds) because the structure/old house was going to be torn down. He even had written communication in the file from the customer saying this. I was auditing the file 3 years later and noticed this and had someone go by the property to see if the structure was still standing - which it was.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2256221 - 07/01/21 04:03 PM Re: Appraisal Notice & delivery requirements banker-12
banker-12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Thank You

Return to Top
#2256310 - 07/06/21 03:40 PM Re: Appraisal Notice & delivery requirements banker-12
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Providing the notice and a copy of the appraisal is such "small potatoes" I wonder why lenders don't just do it instead of asking for forgiveness later (when QA or compliance questions the lack of documentation that the notice and appraisal copy were provided).
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top