Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2256234 - 07/01/21 08:24 PM Consumer Complaints in the Public File?
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
How does one determine which complaints are placed in the CRA Public File?

Return to Top
CRA
#2256235 - 07/01/21 08:28 PM Re: Consumer Complaints in the Public File? ACBbank
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It has to be in direct reference to its performance in helping to meet credit needs in its assessment area(s).

Return to Top
#2256236 - 07/01/21 08:32 PM Re: Consumer Complaints in the Public File? ACBbank
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
I would look to the language in the regulation which is not specific to "complaints" but refers to comments. Does the comment provided to the bank relate to the bank's meeting the community credit needs? If so, then it should be included.

(1) All written comments received from the public for the current year and each of the prior two calendar years that specifically relate to the bank's performance in helping to meet community credit needs, and any response to the comments by the bank, if neither the comments nor the responses contain statements that reflect adversely on the good name or reputation of any persons other than the bank or publication of which would violate specific provisions of law;

Return to Top
#2256238 - 07/01/21 08:43 PM Re: Consumer Complaints in the Public File? ACBbank
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Thank you.

Return to Top