Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2256548 - 07/12/21 03:03 PM Officer Promotion Posts and Member FDIC language
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
I know the Member FDIC language issue has been discussed a lot on BOL. But I couldn't find much regarding officer promotion posts. So for example, John Doe was promoted to assistant vice president at XYZ Bank.

Does a post like this require the Member FDIC language? If the person was a mortgage lender, would it require the Equal Housing logo and NMLS #.

Initially, my thoughts were that Member FDIC was not required. But then I thought about the potential of needing the Equal Housing lender logo and NMLS # if the post referenced the employee's position as a lender at the bank.

I know the easy answer is to slap those things on the post and move on. However, in this case, I'm performing an audit and I'll need more than a cost analysis thought process if I indicate that this is a finding. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
Marketing
#2256577 - 07/12/21 06:10 PM Re: Officer Promotion Posts and Member FDIC language Irishguy
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Do any of these HR-type announcements include any advertising? Certainly, if an announcement of a new mortgage loan officer is published, it is likely to include something like "See [insert name here] at our [branch name] office for your home loan needs." That would be an advertisement, and you would need the EHL. For some reason, banks feel the need to include an MLO's NMLS # in ads. There is no requirement to do that, but no prohibition, either.

But if it is only an announcement and not an ad, you don't need Member FDIC or the EHL.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker