Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2256615 - 07/13/21 04:18 PM E sign
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anyone direct me to where I might find text on esign that states we would have an issue if both the husband and wife have the same e-mail address. We use separate esign disclosures for both and they will list the same email address. I was concerned that demonstrable consent is not valid until the customer demonstrates capacity and in this case would be from one computer that uses one email address.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2256616 - 07/13/21 04:24 PM Re: E sign Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
That is more of an operational challenge based on your specific E-Sign system as to whether you can specifically identify multiple people with a single e-mail address and not a matter of the E-Sign law.

#2256639 - 07/13/21 06:43 PM Re: E sign Anonymous
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
You have to look at the reason why you need consent to determine if there's a problem. If your ESIGN consent and service agreement relates only to monthly statments for jointly held deposit accounts, for example, then you only need valid ESIGN consent from one of the depositors. Neither Regs E or DD require delivery of periodic statement disclosures to both parties.

If both parties ARE entitled to separate account disclosures (for example, each has an account in her/his individual name), then you have an operational issue, as Randy said.

#2256645 - 07/13/21 08:11 PM Re: E sign Anonymous
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Another prime example would be two individuals that own a home jointly and share a single email address applying for a mortgage loan that will involve disclosures and rescission rights to be provided electronically. You will need to show consent from both to document delivery to both.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale