Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2256183 - 06/30/21 08:08 PM Drive Thru Cash Withdrawal Documentation
Loynograd Offline
100 Club
My management is curious as to what others are doing regarding documentation (e.g., ((un)signed receipt, withdrawal slip, check) in the drive thru lanes for customer cash withdrawals?

Are you------
having everyone sign every receipt/withdrawal slip for a cash withdrawal and then imaging it?
- not requiring a signature under $XX?
utilizing remote signature pads in your drive through?
requiring checks as "the receipt" for withdrawals?
other?

We spend a lot of time imaging signed receipts, which has become an even bigger time "suck" as more transactions have moved to the drive through lane as a result of the pandemic. If it matters, we are an approximately 500 million dollar credit union.

Thank you.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2256580 - 07/12/21 06:51 PM Re: Drive Thru Cash Withdrawal Documentation Loynograd
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
How does the bank document an in-person teller line request for withdrawal?
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2256585 - 07/12/21 08:29 PM Re: Drive Thru Cash Withdrawal Documentation Loynograd
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I worked a drive-up window at a couple of banks once in a while. If a customer wanted to withdraw from their savings account and didn't have a signed withdrawal order completed when they arrived at the drive-up, we gave them a blank withdrawal form to complete. No signature, no money.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2256601 - 07/13/21 02:38 PM Re: Drive Thru Cash Withdrawal Documentation Loynograd
one deer Offline
Any where but work
Our procedures are the same for in lobby or at drive thru. Savings withdrawal slip signed by customer - also there is a box on the withdrawal slip to x when cash is taken out. Cash out of checking account, customer writes a check and endorses the back of the check. These procedures leave a clear paper trail if questions arise. We image/capture all of the transactions everyday, for every department.

Return to Top
#2256643 - 07/13/21 07:28 PM Re: Drive Thru Cash Withdrawal Documentation Loynograd
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I freely admit that it's been ages since I worked a teller position -- in a lobby or a drive up. But I don't understand how a customer would obtain cash from their account at a drive-up without completing and signing a withdrawal request or check. Perhaps the OP's bank has technology deployed at the drive up that changes all that old-school thinking.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett