Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2257050 - 07/22/21 02:31 PM Maryland Attorney for Service Provider List in MD
dutchbltz Offline
100 Club
We are doing a TRID loan for the purchase of a piece of property in the Gaitherburg, MD area and are a small, SC based community bank. We've never done a loan secured by RE in MD before. This loan request is for a board member of ours. She has provided the name of an attorney she wants to work with, but that attorney has indicated an inability or unwillingness to provide their fees for the purpose of our initial disclosures and 'shopping' and of course, our SC providers are not able to practice for a MD closing.

Does anyone have a listing of attorney fees for a Maryland Attorney for the purpose of listing a service provider for the Loan Estimate/Shopping List that they might be willing to share with me TODAY or TOMORROW? (The early docs have to go out by tomorrow.)

Or if anyone else has any suggestions I'm open to that as well!!

Return to Top
#2257054 - 07/22/21 03:15 PM Re: Maryland Attorney for Service Provider List in MD dutchbltz
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Just Google a Maryland real estate closing attorney, pick a local one and call them.

Then let your director know that their attorney is not being cooperative and lending to insiders is a hard enough process without such barriers.

Return to Top
#2257123 - 07/23/21 04:18 PM Re: Maryland Attorney for Service Provider List in MD dutchbltz
dutchbltz Offline
100 Club
Certainly seems like a good idea, but they told me no too. Because they won't do that without a contract in hand, because 'the client might go somewhere else'.

Which, she certainly might.

LE is going out in the next 4 hours and still not sure what is going to happen on this.

Return to Top
#2257126 - 07/23/21 04:31 PM Re: Maryland Attorney for Service Provider List in MD dutchbltz
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Then you need to escalate this up the chain to the President or Chairman of the Board and get this director's attorney off the stick. Unless the President is willing to eat a bunch of tolerance fees for this director and then have it be deemed preferential lending and in violation of Regulation O.

Return to Top
#2257129 - 07/23/21 04:44 PM Re: Maryland Attorney for Service Provider List in MD dutchbltz
dutchbltz Offline
100 Club
Good suggestion. Thanks.

Return to Top