Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2257422 - 07/29/21 10:55 PM Changes due to clerical errors
WDCA Offline
It was determined that we have quite a few mortgage loan numbers that are the same as some deposit account numbers. If we were to change the mortgage numbers, would it be correct to define this as an inaccuracy due to clerical errors (1026.19(f)(2)(iv)? If so, is there anything other than providing notice of the loan number change within 60 days we should be concerned of? I appreciate any thoughts or guidance here!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2257429 - 07/30/21 11:16 AM Re: Changes due to clerical errors WDCA
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not sure what a loan account number has to do with TRID. A loan account number is not required to be on a LE or CD, just a Loan ID# that needs to stay consistent from the beginning to the end of the transaction. A loan account number and the Loan ID# on the TRID disclosures are not required to have any relationship to one another.

Return to Top
#2257457 - 07/30/21 05:40 PM Re: Changes due to clerical errors WDCA
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Most loan agreements allow the lender to amend documentation to correct non-critical errors.

Return to Top
#2257465 - 07/30/21 06:17 PM Re: Changes due to clerical errors WDCA
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am not sure what you would need to correct in this situation. If they need to communicate a new loan number to the borrowers for making payments, that is a servicing issue and not a loan closing issue.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z