Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2257450 - 07/30/21 05:05 PM CTR - Aggregating Transactions for Non-Customers
unknown Offline
100 Club
I’m curious to see what other banks are obtaining when it comes to non-customers?
If non-customer is cashing on us checks or making cash deposits into our customer’s account, what information is gathered? Is it based on the dollar amount of the transaction?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2257749 - 08/05/21 07:43 PM Re: CTR - Aggregating Transactions for Non-Customers unknown
al98 Offline
New Poster
US
I would like to hear feedback on this topic as well.

Return to Top
#2257751 - 08/05/21 07:59 PM Re: CTR - Aggregating Transactions for Non-Customers unknown
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Banks that cash checks for non-customer usually establish a profile for them on their system, if they even do it at all.

Why any bank would allow a non-customer to make deposits to customer account escapes me.

Return to Top
#2257860 - 08/09/21 03:26 PM Re: CTR - Aggregating Transactions for Non-Customers rlcarey
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Originally Posted by rlcarey
Why any bank would allow a non-customer to make deposits to customer account escapes me.

This can happen when a business's employee (who is not an owner or signer on the business account) is making deposits for the business. Granted, this may not be the norm, but it does happen.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2258162 - 08/12/21 08:13 PM Re: CTR - Aggregating Transactions for Non-Customers unknown
Paul Orlowski Offline
Connecticut, USA
A former FI of mine used the Corelation Keystone core. The procedures required that every individual had to transact through their own profile, which was easy enough to setup by scanning a Driver License. Staff was able to run an OFAC at the same time.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z