Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2257587 - 08/03/21 06:35 PM Automatic Payment Cancellation by Institution
RG Offline
New Poster
Good morning!

I am trying to find information on an institution cancelling an automatic withdrawal for payments/transfers both for deposit and loan accounts.

I know 1005.10c speaks to the cancellation by consumers, but I am looking for notification requirements (how much of a lead time they must provide) and any standard forms which may be needed.

Thanks

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2257602 - 08/03/21 07:16 PM Re: Automatic Payment Cancellation by Institution RG
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You mean what is required for the bank to cancel them?? If not, then your original transfer authorization signed by the customer should have set forth what they needed to do to cancel the transfer.

Return to Top
#2257659 - 08/04/21 04:00 PM Re: Automatic Payment Cancellation by Institution rlcarey
RG Offline
New Poster
Randy, correct. Trying to figure out what governs the cancellation of the transfer

Return to Top
#2257665 - 08/04/21 04:42 PM Re: Automatic Payment Cancellation by Institution RG
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am not sure that anything governs the cancellation of such a service. It truly would be highly unusual on a wholesale level. You need to involve legal counsel as you need to make sure you do everything reasonably possible to notify customers with enough lead time that this services is being cancelled. The bank not making one of these transfers on a timely basis might turn out to be really expensive for a customer. Like you fail to properly notify a customer that the transfer is no longer going to be made, you don't send a life insurance payment and your customer dies.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett