Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2258026 - 08/11/21 12:28 PM GAR - Loan to Individuals with LLC as Guarantor
IGaev Offline
If a loan is being originated on behalf of two individuals and we're using the revenues of an LLC (where one of the individuals is the sole member) to render the credit decision, would we consider the revenues of the LLC when reporting the revenues? It was my understanding that in this scenario the LLC is not an affiliate to the individuals (i.e., borrowers); therefore, the LLC's revenues would not be reported. Welcome your comments.

Return to Top
CRA
#2258028 - 08/11/21 12:38 PM Re: GAR - Loan to Individuals with LLC as Guarantor IGaev
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If it is a sole member LLC, then the LLC income is already factored into the individual's income on the tax return. Why you would be making a credit decision to the two individuals based on LLC revenues is a little beyond my underwriting skills.

Return to Top
#2258066 - 08/11/21 05:25 PM Re: GAR - Loan to Individuals with LLC as Guarantor IGaev
IGaev Offline
In another scenario, loan is to individuals, however, we're used the revenues shown on U.S. Corporation Tax (not an S Corp) Returns to render our decision. Would this be considered an affiliated relationship and therefore, using the revenues of the Corp permissible for reporting the revenue code. Thanks again!

Return to Top