Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2258219 - 08/13/21 03:51 PM Flood - new townhouse construction
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
I've read FEMA's NFIP manual and various threads, and just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Customer is building two separate structures - each building will have 4 townhouses all sharing load bearing walls. From what I'm reading... they need 4 separate policies for each structure (and you use the $250,000 for each of those 8 townhomes in each building since it's residential in terms of the max NFIP coverage). Correct?

In the NFIP Manual definitions - Single Building is defined as "a building that is separated from other buildings by intervening clear space or solid, vertical, load-bearing division walls.

In that same manual, in Section 3: How to Write, it discusses condos - I'm starting from 3-38...and this appears to fit in the Table 23 - Multi-Unit Residential Building which is 2 to 4 units per building (we have 4 townhouses in each building).

NOTE: They don't yet have a flood policy so we are just at the point of determining minimum limits. I don't know if they will have a condo association or anything so I don't know if they'll have an RCBAP - I think their agent has to advise them on the type of policy - I just have to determine the amount of coverage and number of policies we will require in order to close at this point.
Last edited by CalifDreamin; 08/13/21 04:58 PM.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#2258235 - 08/15/21 12:21 AM Re: Flood - new townhouse construction CalifDreamin
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
A building with four townhouses typically are four separately titled and insured insured units. I suppose they could be part of a condo assoc. but I think that is pretty unusual. A 2-4 unit residential building are referring to apartments.

Return to Top