Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2258776 - 08/26/21 03:03 PM Possible Teller OFAC Hit
terpsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
If we have a possible OFAC hit can we tell the customer that we have to review the OFAC information before we can process the transaction?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2258778 - 08/26/21 03:13 PM Re: Possible Teller OFAC Hit terpsfan
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
There is nothing confidential about OFAC. However, I would be very careful about how this is communicated and I'm not sure that a teller is the appropriate resource to have this discussion with a client.

Return to Top
#2258832 - 08/27/21 11:00 AM Re: Possible Teller OFAC Hit terpsfan
terpsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
Pretty much all cases these end up being false positives but they take a little more time to make this determination. What is the best way to communicate to the customer that they need to wait for us to make this determination without mentioning OFAC?

Return to Top
#2258964 - 08/30/21 10:18 PM Re: Possible Teller OFAC Hit terpsfan
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
I don't think you have to avoid mentioning OFAC. I just think the tellers need to guided on how to have the conversation. I would imagine you require some identification from the person conducting the transaction, regardless of a potential OFAC match. If the tellers are trained properly, I don't think that addressing a potential OFAC match would significantly impact the transaction processing time.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z