Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2258501 - 08/20/21 06:52 PM Promoting Fundraiser for Local Organization
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
A local organization in our area is taking donations to start 529 accounts for local youth. This organization is not currently a customer of ours. One of their board members has been talking to one of our branch managers and they were asking if we would be willing to share the link to their website and donation page on our social media sites. They then stated, they may open an account with us for donations to be made to and stated if we were willing to promote this fundraiser, they would add our logo to their informational packets. We don't really share things from other organizations, unless we are a sponsor of some sort, so I don't know if this is really an issue or not. I want to say it's a good thing that they are doing and why not share it. But then, I think, we don't really share a lot from other organizations, that are customers of ours and I wouldn't want to offend anyone because "you shared info for them but not us". If that even makes sense. And then I question the whole, we may open an account and share your logo if you do this for us, kind of thing. A few of us are questioning whether we should or should not do this.

Are we overthinking this? Good idea or not? Thoughts please!?

Return to Top
Marketing
#2258846 - 08/27/21 02:41 PM Re: Promoting Fundraiser for Local Organization Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Return to Top
#2258853 - 08/27/21 03:23 PM Re: Promoting Fundraiser for Local Organization Bankwoman1
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would pass - to hard to pick and choose and once the dam breaks how are you going to police the organizations that you choose to support? If they want a donation great - either give them one or do not. As far as tying the bank to the effort, I would make that choice very carefully.

Return to Top
#2258869 - 08/27/21 06:03 PM Re: Promoting Fundraiser for Local Organization Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thanks Randy! I feel the same way and appreciate someone else's thoughts.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker