BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#22590 - 07/02/02 06:01 PM paying agent successor
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
This isn't a compliance issue, but I'm really stuck. Does anyone know what financial institution merged with or acquired Central Penn National Bank? This bank is listed as the paying agent on a bond that has been presented for redemption. I haven't has any success searching on yahoo, google, etc.

Return to Top
#22591 - 02/02/05 10:53 PM Re: paying agent successor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Greetings:

I heard that Meridian Bank took over Central Penn National Bank, but I am not certain. If you have found out more, I also need to know how to contact them. There is a possible claim on an insurnace policy that needs a determination from Central Penn National before the insurance company can respond to other claims. I can be reached at:
susan.richardson@mail.cuny.edu
Thanks!

Return to Top
#22592 - 05/06/05 09:37 PM Re: paying agent successor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Through a bunch of mergers, etc., Central Penn is now part of Wachovia

Return to Top
#22593 - 05/07/05 02:23 AM Re: paying agent successor
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
That's correct. Central Penn was acquired by Meridian. Meridian merged with CoreStates, who sold to First Union, and that is now Wachovia.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#22594 - 05/10/05 12:12 PM Re: paying agent successor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, Central Penn National Bank merged with American Bank out of Reading, Pa to form Meridian.

Return to Top
#22595 - 07/27/05 05:08 PM Re: paying agent successor
rjol365 Offline
New Poster
In some of my dad's old things I found a Central Penn safe deposit key. Is there any way to access the contents? He died over ten years ago.

Return to Top
#22596 - 07/27/05 05:23 PM Re: paying agent successor
Michelle III Offline
Gold Star
Michelle III
PA
The box would have been drilled and the contents (of value) sent to the State of PA per escheat law (which at the time would have been 7 years with no activty.)

go to http://www.treasury.state.pa.us/search.aspx

and seach by your Dad's name. If the treasury has something, the name will come up on the list.

It is also possible the key was "lost" and the box was drilled by your Dad before he passed away.

Return to Top