I have some questions about overdrafts: https://www.fdic.gov/news/events/overdraft/faq.html#q2
1. Would a standard approach be reviewing customers with, let's say, more than 3 overdrafts in a month to see if there is a pattern of behavior?
2. That these overdrafts would be three or more calendar days in a calendar month where one account would have an overdrawn balance?
3. Should we look across multiple accounts owned by a client (e.g. three separate accounts for the same client were overdrawn for one day in a month)?
4. Does the dollar value matter? E.g. would three $1 overdrafts be considered as abuse?
5. If the FDIC wants a bank to contact their client when there is abuse, what message would the Account Officer normally convey?