Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2259895 - 09/20/21 01:10 PM How to deny, or not?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Applicant applies via POS for a refinance of a construction loan, but selects purchase rather than refinance. Secondary market and investors and VA both state this must be an application for refinance. LOS/POS will not allow the application and LE to me modified to refinance from purchase, this a new application must be started. Question is for, is the origami application then a denial or can be treated as a withdrawal?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2259900 - 09/20/21 01:29 PM Re: How to deny, or not? Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not sure what POS means as that usually means point of sale. Unless you are using that to describe your on line application system - which might apply in more than one way smile This sounds totally like an internal issue. Modifying one field in an original application does not result in a withdrawal or a decline. You need to be visiting with your vendor. Other than that - you need to figure out how to just trail the original application to the new one if that is what is required.

#2259913 - 09/20/21 02:35 PM Re: How to deny, or not? rlcarey
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted by rlcarey
Not sure what POS means as that usually means point of sale. Unless you are using that to describe your on line application system - which might apply in more than one way smile

Ha!

And I agree with Randy that this sounds like an internal issue with your workflow.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

#2259917 - 09/20/21 03:43 PM Re: How to deny, or not? Anonymous
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Did you mean LOS as in Loan Origination System?

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale