Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2259918 - 09/20/21 03:52 PM CRA Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

The banks primary lending area comprises of 4 Counties. Three of these counties are not in our MSA, nor do we have offices in those counties. These three counties are within a mile of our location. We are in a MSA/county that is extremely large. but we only delineated 6 census tracts within our MSA as our Assessment Area.
I am looking at HMDA 2020 loan data- within and outside our AA. 55% of our lending for these loans were outside of our AA in 2020. Should the Bank's primary lending area and the AA match? How would we expand our AA into an MSA where we have no offices.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2259952 - 09/20/21 08:23 PM Re: CRA Question Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

How would it be determined that you are meeting the needs of your assessment area, when the data shows that 55% of loans made in 2020 is outside of the AA. Do you look to the whole loan portfolio of loans made in the AA verses loans outside of the AA? I'm new to CRA and am confused . Was looking for direction.

#2259959 - 09/20/21 09:26 PM Re: CRA Question Anonymous
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Back in the day when I was a bank examiner, I would have questioned the assessment area delineation if more than half the loans were made outside of the assessment area.

#2259985 - 09/21/21 01:56 PM Re: CRA Question Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can a bank expand its AA into a MSA in which they have no offices?

#2260346 - 09/28/21 05:24 PM Re: CRA Question Anonymous
Third Trip Offline
Have you reviewed CRA regulation related to delineation of assessment area? If you are FDIC, look at part 345.41.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale