Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2260204 - 09/24/21 03:38 PM Homeless Attempts to Cash Forged Checks
Anonymous
Unregistered

SAR - yes or no?
Homeless guy comes in to cash a check. We reject it. Got his Driver's license photocopied. Gave it and photos to the police. Check was for $7,000 SAR rules say $5,000 and known suspect - must file. Is this homeless guy, who is a dupe in these situations, working for some unknown person, really the "known" suspect that the SAR rules are talking about? Do we have to file a SAR in this situation?? I'd like to know other experiences with the same situation. Happening all over in larger cities typically.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2260206 - 09/24/21 03:41 PM Re: Homeless Attempts to Cash Forged Checks Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
By the time you get done wringing your hands over whether to file or not, the SAR would have been on its way.. File and be done with it and move on. It is not worth the time worrying about it or defending your decision later, if you choose not to file.

#2260212 - 09/24/21 04:01 PM Re: Homeless Attempts to Cash Forged Checks Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you had to ask, it's suspicious IMO

#2260225 - 09/24/21 06:35 PM Re: Homeless Attempts to Cash Forged Checks Anonymous
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
you have a suspect and a $ amount...as Metalica says "nothing else matters"

#2260232 - 09/24/21 07:14 PM Re: Homeless Attempts to Cash Forged Checks Anonymous
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
It is 99.9% a fact that you need to file and nothing will come of it. But the rules are not about whether or not we think this is a useful exercise or that it will matter to anyone, it's about following standardized rules. While he is a dupe who was promised a meal or a bottle, he was also the one cashing the check.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

#2260268 - 09/25/21 05:30 PM Re: Homeless Attempts to Cash Forged Checks HappyGilmore
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore
as Metalica says "nothing else matters"
Nice!

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale