Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2260513 - 09/30/21 04:02 PM Where to find SCRA Official Guidance from CFPB
CU3840 Offline
Looking to find the SCRA 7 Official CFPB guidance - anyone know where I can locate this document? Unsuccessful attempt in trying to google search it.

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#2260515 - 09/30/21 04:07 PM Re: Where to find SCRA Official Guidance from CFPB CU3840
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
What does the "7" stand for and where have you seen a reference to this document?

Return to Top
#2268041 - 03/22/22 05:11 PM Re: Where to find SCRA Official Guidance from CFPB rlcarey
CU3840 Offline
For example, SCRA -4 Official Guidance states: (however, I am unable to locate where the SCRA Official Guidance came from - may have been CFPB?)
Single Point of Contact: When a borrower states that he or she is or was within the preceding 9 months (or the then applicable statutory period under the SCRA) in active military service or has received and is subject to military orders requiring him or her to commence active military service, Lender shall determine whether the borrower may be eligible for the protections of the SCRA. If Servicer determines the borrower is so eligible, Servicer shall, until Servicer determines that such customer is no longer protected by the SCRA, route such customers to employees who have been specially trained about the protections of the SCRA to respond to such borrower’s questions.

Return to Top
#2268045 - 03/22/22 05:45 PM Re: Where to find SCRA Official Guidance from CFPB CU3840
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I have no idea where that came from - sounds like something that was written drawing from information found in some of the consent orders.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z