Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2261036 - 10/12/21 07:33 PM Borrower Current Address on Application
niche girl Offline
100 Club
Don't think I've ever run into this before and need advice. We have a long time customer who wants a construction loan to build a new home, but he currently has no actual residence as he sold his prior home last year and has been moving from Air BNB to AirBNB every couple weeks in new locations on some sort of grand retirement travel vacation. He gets his mail delivered to a PO Box. He applied using the address of the AirBNB he's living in this week as his address. By the time we close, he will almost certainly be living somewhere else. Not wanting to pull his credit using the PO box or the AirBNB. Anyone else run into this and have good advice?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2261089 - 10/14/21 01:31 PM Re: Borrower Current Address on Application niche girl
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It has been a long time since I pulled a credit report, but is the address a requirement? If it is, I would use the temporary address - as it is the truth. Someone does not live in a P.O. Box.

Return to Top
#2261090 - 10/14/21 01:35 PM Re: Borrower Current Address on Application niche girl
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I agree with Randy that listing the current address is probably your only real option. That said, I'm also wondering if your credit reporting agency would have any guidance for you, so you might consider reaching out to them as well.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2261108 - 10/14/21 06:55 PM Re: Borrower Current Address on Application niche girl
niche girl Offline
100 Club
Thanks gentlemen. That was the only conclusion I could come to also. I appreciate the feedback.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z