Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2261609 - 10/26/21 06:05 PM Credit Bureau Reporting Codes for Bankruptcy
Comply Central Offline
Our processor sent us an update letting us know that some of the credit bureau reporting codes for bankruptcy have been removed, Codes I-P. Do you all know what codes we are to select in the place of the ones that are obsolete? Or know where I can find guidance on reporting to the credit bureau?

Return to Top
#2261610 - 10/26/21 06:17 PM Re: Credit Bureau Reporting Codes for Bankruptcy Comply Central
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Are those proprietary codes? I am not sure those would be Metro II codes. If you received that notification from your processor, is that not something that your processor could provide?

Return to Top
#2261616 - 10/26/21 06:42 PM Re: Credit Bureau Reporting Codes for Bankruptcy Comply Central
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Those are the Metro 2 Consumer Information Indicator codes for bankruptcies that were dismissed or withdrawn (separate codes for each of the bankruptcy types 7, 11, 12, 13 for dismissal or withdrawal). They apparently have been discontinued.

You need to get info from your credit reporting agency to be sure your organization is appropriately reporting on bankruptcies. Metro 2 has detailed instructions on this and the CDIA just offered a webinar on it a couple of weeks ago (you could probably get a replay or materials from it).

Return to Top
#2261621 - 10/26/21 06:55 PM Re: Credit Bureau Reporting Codes for Bankruptcy Comply Central
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Rainman - yes - that is correct as of April 2021 - I see that now. They need to get a copy of the Metro II CREDIT REPORTING RESOURCE GUIDE

Return to Top
#2261648 - 10/26/21 09:39 PM Re: Credit Bureau Reporting Codes for Bankruptcy Comply Central
Comply Central Offline
Thank you both so much!

Return to Top