Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2262064 - 11/03/21 05:47 PM Borrower changing to Trust at time of CloD
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
Our individual borrower just informed the lender he wants his TRID home purchase loan to be in his TRUST's name instead of his individual name. I suggested keeping the loan in the individual's name and just having the Trust grant the collateral (sign the mortgage), but that is not what the customer wants to do, and we are appeasing the customer.

So...how do we handle this change?
1. Proceed with the change in borrower name at the time of the Closing Disclosure this week?; or
2. Shut this file down as an ANA WD, then have the customer start a new application with the Trust as the borrower (and closing will be delayed)?

Many thanks!

All comments are mine & should not be taken as legal advice.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2262065 - 11/03/21 06:13 PM Re: Borrower changing to Trust at time of CloD Banker K, CRCM
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If this is a revocable trust, you are going to make the loan to the trust without the joinder of the settlors? Who are you going to collect from when they revoke the trust? What the borrower wants is not relevant when it comes to making a loan on which you can collect on without jumping through a bunch of legal hoops.

From an application and TRID perspective, you could do it either way.

Return to Top
#2262066 - 11/03/21 06:39 PM Re: Borrower changing to Trust at time of CloD Banker K, CRCM
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
My understanding is they are making the individual a guarantor on the loan.

All comments are mine & should not be taken as legal advice.

Return to Top