Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2263153 - 12/03/21 01:26 AM Fully Depreciated Building
KwC Offline
I just received an appraisal report on a building in a SFHA. The appraisal value is based on the land value only, and no value was given to the building as it states "the building is fully depreciated and 0 years economic life remaining". Since the building still stands, flood insurance is still required, right? If so, how would I determine the replacement cost/insurable value? Thanks.

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#2263156 - 12/03/21 10:32 AM Re: Fully Depreciated Building KwC
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You may have a seriously flawed appraisal in my humble opinion, if this is a standing building with a roof, etc. I would most likely not accept an appraisal like that as the appraiser failed to do their job. No building depreciates to $0, as there is always a salvage value to consider unless the removal of the building would cost more. A more thorough analysis of the actual building that you are talking about would be necessary. It is hard to just make a general statement without all of the facts.

Return to Top
#2263178 - 12/03/21 05:10 PM Re: Fully Depreciated Building KwC
KwC Offline
You're absolutely right on. Thanks for the feedback!!

Return to Top
#2265329 - 01/27/22 05:17 PM Re: Fully Depreciated Building KwC
RegTalk Offline
I have a question on low-value buildings. Can someone point to me where to find in the regulation, that we can use the demo cost approach to find a value?

Return to Top