Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2263316 - 12/08/21 02:24 PM LOS is down & disclosures are due
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
Hi all. Our in house lending team ran into a big issue yesterday. I would like to know what your thoughts are should this happen again.

Compliance One Mortgage apparently crashed around 2am yesterday morning. I am unsure if it's back up now (I have an email in to the processors).

2 LEs were due out yesterday, along with 2 CloDs (in order for the customers to close on time as planned). One of those closings was a purchase and the seller would not budge on the closing date. I think this would meet the bonafide financial emergency for the customer to waive the 3 day waiting to close, but am not 100% sure.

The processors' plan was to just issue the disclosures late (hopefully today?) and document the file showing the outage of the LOS. I can't really say "that's okay" but I am unsure what they should do.

Thoughts?

All comments are mine & should not be taken as legal advice.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2263318 - 12/08/21 02:29 PM Re: LOS is down & disclosures are due Banker K, CRCM
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
So - what happened to your disaster recovery plan? Why do you need an LOS to create a Loan Estimate or Closing Disclosure? Sounds like very poor planning on the bank's part.

Return to Top
#2263319 - 12/08/21 02:31 PM Re: LOS is down & disclosures are due Banker K, CRCM
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
I'll pass that along but do you have suggestions?

Return to Top
#2263320 - 12/08/21 02:32 PM Re: LOS is down & disclosures are due Banker K, CRCM
Banker K, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
I'm sure they could get the loan fees disclosed and possibly the loan amount typed manually on a blank form, but calculating the payments, and APR, and all the other items from page 5 - geeze. That would be very difficult and 99% sure it would not be accurate.

Return to Top
#2263321 - 12/08/21 02:33 PM Re: LOS is down & disclosures are due Banker K, CRCM
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
A bank error is not a financial emergency for the customer. You will have to live with the violations on the Loan Estimates. You have a choice on the Closing Disclosure - what you do will be a business decision.

Return to Top
#2263322 - 12/08/21 02:34 PM Re: LOS is down & disclosures are due Banker K, CRCM
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Originally Posted by Banker K, CRCM
I'm sure they could get the loan fees disclosed and possibly the loan amount typed manually on a blank form, but calculating the payments, and APR, and all the other items from page 5 - geeze. That would be very difficult and 99% sure it would not be accurate.

All that should be addressed in your disaster recovery plan.

Return to Top