Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2263202 - 12/03/21 07:30 PM Cybersecurity Requirements
Bruce Gollop Offline
New Poster
Our bank is a 600 million dollar bank with headquarters in Washington, DC and has branch offices in Washington, DC, Northern New Jersey, and New York. Since we have a presence in New York would it be required that the bank have a Chief Information Security officer (CISO) and also a Cyber Security Certification on file? I know that the CISO and the Cyber Certifications are requirements for New York State.

Thank you.

Return to Top
#2263526 - 12/13/21 02:20 PM Re: Cybersecurity Requirements Bruce Gollop
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
I believe that Part 500 does apply in this situation. You can of course confirm this with legal counsel.

Return to Top
#2263987 - 12/23/21 03:58 PM Re: Cybersecurity Requirements Bruce Gollop
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
It would depend on your authorization and if your institution has met the exemptions. At $600m I would doubt that the exemptions would be met, I would suggest contacting your legal area.

(c) Covered Entity means any Person operating under or required to operate under a license, registration,
charter, certificate, permit, accreditation or similar authorization under the Banking Law, the Insurance Law or
the Financial Services Law.

for exemptions:
CLICK HERE
Last edited by John Burnett; 12/27/21 07:10 PM. Reason: TO HIDE THE LONG URL

CAMS

Return to Top