Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2264032 - 12/27/21 04:09 PM Add "Space Force" to SCRA notice
MJZMJZ Offline
Hi,
Since the Space Force is now the sixth branch of the Armed Forces with the enactment of the FY2020 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), are we required to include "Space Force" into SCRA notice (under "Who May Be Entitled to Legal Protections Under SCRA?" section) to reflect the change?
Appreciate any feedback!

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#2264056 - 12/27/21 10:15 PM Re: Add "Space Force" to SCRA notice MJZMJZ
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
As I understand it the Space Force, as well as the Air Force are under the Dept. of the Air Force. I cannot imagine they serve under special orders or only presidential directives or anything that separates the Space Force from the definitions used to define active duty servicemembers. So if you are specific as to listing THE branches and not examples or includes... then I would list them in your itemized list. They are essentially military personnel, paid by Uncle Sam.

If anyone has seen anything definitive otherwise, please enlighten me.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2264058 - 12/27/21 10:19 PM Re: Add "Space Force" to SCRA notice MJZMJZ
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Oh, as to changing the actual SCRA notice from HUD, anything from the OMB or government agencies prescribe I would be less inclined to amend, but I would in practice include those serving in the distribution. In notices you developed, policies and procedure, I would include it by name as needed.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2264059 - 12/27/21 10:58 PM Re: Add "Space Force" to SCRA notice Andy_Z
MJZMJZ Offline
Hi Andy,
Thank you for your insights! I agreed with you. I don't want to change the actual SCRA notice from HUD or anything from the OMB.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z