SteveDave, one idea I did with my team was to send a survey out to everyone with instructions for them to complete and send back to me only. There were a number of questions on the survey - things like:
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What event do you remember most fondly from high school?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is the craziest thing you've ever done (within the bounds of "suitable for work sharing)?
- If you could only keep 3 apps on your smart phone, which 3 would you keep?
I took all the answers from everyone and created a guessing game. For each question, I chose one or two of the answers and as a group we tried to figure out who it was that gave that answer. For example, who said they wanted to be an astronaut? Whose favorite movie is "The Princess Bride". You get the idea. At the end of the session, I sent all the answered survey sheets to everyone and we all got to know each other better.
Jim Bedsole, CRCM, CBA, CFSA, CAFP
My posts - my opinions