Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2264387 - 01/06/22 05:53 PM Due Diligence for a Property Management Co
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Curious to know what others have required when doing due diligence, if any, on a property management companies customers.

Does your DD stop at the property management company itself, or do you drill down to each client in obtaining an operating agreement or such?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2264512 - 01/10/22 03:50 PM Re: Due Diligence for a Property Management Co #Just Jay
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am not sure why you would drill down that deeply unless you suspected some sort of suspicious activity.

Return to Top
#2264562 - 01/11/22 03:21 PM Re: Due Diligence for a Property Management Co #Just Jay
Lindsay H Offline
It depends on the transactions being processed. For example, is your FI completing third party ACH origination?

In the due diligence for the property management company, was it enhanced beyond your general KYC and if so what does that include. I don't think in any situation a full scope DD review would be necessary but it could be worth it to understand how your customer's onboarding processes work and what their existing portfolio looks like.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z