Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2264587 - 01/11/22 06:04 PM Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
When a file is conditioned for repairs (termite, etc.) and we have not received invoices for the repairs, are we able to disclose an estimate or can we wait for the invoice to disclose the amount of the repair?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2264588 - 01/11/22 06:13 PM Re: Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Disclose where, on the CD? We probably need to know a little more specifics as to requirements, timing, etc.

Return to Top
#2264589 - 01/11/22 06:16 PM Re: Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
File is at closing disclosure, but the UW conditioned for these repairs as a "prior to fund" condition.

Return to Top
#2264591 - 01/11/22 06:51 PM Re: Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
So how are they going to be paid - the borrower is paying them directly? If being paid through closing, how is that possible without an invoice. Otherwise, you would issue the final CD based on good faith and revise as necessary when you have the final numbers. Not sure how you can close with an underwriting condition without getting an invoice for the work that was required to be completed. Did you not get bids for previous disclosure purposes?

Return to Top
#2264592 - 01/11/22 07:00 PM Re: Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
Usually they negotiate between buyer and seller. If being paid by borrower, they'll generally outside of closing and then send in the invoices and the work authorization itemizations. We normally don't get bids as agents in our area are truly on the ball. In this case though, the agent is quiet as a church mouse!

Return to Top
#2264593 - 01/11/22 07:04 PM Re: Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I assume these repair determinations are made prior to the initial CD being issued. How do you come up with an estimated amount to disclose on the initial CD for the repairs?

Return to Top
#2264628 - 01/12/22 12:10 AM Re: Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
yes, they are done prior to the initial closing disclosure going out. That's our issue right now, we don't have invoices but are running out of time to disclose the requirements.

Return to Top
#2264637 - 01/12/22 01:48 PM Re: Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Are you establishing an escrow account for paying these costs post-closing?

Return to Top
#2264641 - 01/12/22 02:30 PM Re: Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
no, these are to be done prior to funding. So the underwriting isn't calling for any holdbacks.

Return to Top
#2264646 - 01/12/22 03:07 PM Re: Lender Required Repairs, no invoices or amounts Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Interesting. Not sure how your State works, but to make sure there were no intervening mechanic's liens filed, in my State you would want an all bills paid affidavit from the contractor that did the repairs. There would be no way not to know the costs.

Return to Top