Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2264847 - 01/18/22 09:43 PM HMDA Credit Scores
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I have two applicants, pull a tri-merge, use the middle score from each, and then use the lower of the two middle scores what is the accurate way to report this on HMDA. We currently report both middle scores and repositories for each on HMDA lar. Should we be reporting only the low score and repository and then N/A for those two fields for the other applicant?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2264858 - 01/19/22 02:51 PM Re: HMDA Credit Scores Anonymous
Island Dreaming Online
100 Club
midwest
Anon - the Reg C official interpretation to Paragraph 4(a)15 discusses multiple applicants and multiple credit scores in depth and would be the source for you to use to determine how it relates to your institutions processes.

#2264938 - 01/20/22 06:03 PM Re: HMDA Credit Scores Island Dreaming
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for responding. I've looked at that section but it seems not everyone interprets it the same - as is the case many times in compliance!

#2264955 - 01/20/22 09:48 PM Re: HMDA Credit Scores Anonymous
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
What is the score used in making the credit decision? That would be the score to report.

2. Credit score—multiple credit scores. When a financial institution obtains or creates two or more credit scores for a single applicant or borrower but relies on only one score in making the credit decision (for example, by relying on the lowest, highest, most recent, or average of all of the scores), the financial institution complies with § 1003.4(a)(15) by reporting that credit score and information about the scoring model used.

Borrower 1 middle score 732 Borrower 2 middle score 688

688 is the lower of the 2 middle scores and if I'm reading your post correctly 688 would be score relied on for making the credit descision.

#2271916 - 06/21/22 08:21 PM Re: HMDA Credit Scores Dan Persfull
KMenard Offline
Would it be ok to report the 688 in the applicant field and 8888 in the co-applicant field?

#2271928 - 06/21/22 09:22 PM Re: HMDA Credit Scores KMenard
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Originally Posted by kmenard
Would it be ok to report the 688 in the applicant field and 8888 in the co-applicant field?

This is how we do it, regardless of which applicant has the lowest mid score.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale