Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2265298 - 01/27/22 06:45 AM HMDA transaction testing exam
MJZMJZ Offline
Hi,
A question regarding HMDA transaction testing exam:
We made error on one transaction: The data on Borrower and co-borrower’s 1)race, 2)ethnicity, 3)sex and 4)age are all incorrect. Basically, the processor pulled incorrect borrower and co-borrower demographic information.

Does this count 8 errors? Or 1 error? Will this trigger expanded sample? Will we be required to re-submit the whole database? (assumed the rest of our sample transactions are all correct, this is the only transaction with issues. We are at 25-50 LAR count treshhold.)

I read the current FFIEC HMDA Examiner Transaction Testing Guidelines in 2017 https://www.consumerfinance.gov/abo...examiner-transaction-testing-guidelines/
,but still feel confused on Column D: # and %.

I appreciate any feedback/comments.
Thank you!
Jessica

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2265300 - 01/27/22 12:26 PM Re: HMDA transaction testing exam MJZMJZ
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Go to page 5 and read Example 1. It is field by field.

Return to Top
#2265757 - 02/03/22 06:39 PM Re: HMDA transaction testing exam MJZMJZ
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
You would have multiple errors, but as RL mentioned, it is now looked at field by field when looking at whether to expand the sample, etc. So, each of the fields you mentioned would have 1 error. So, if this is the only thing you found, then an expanded sample would not be necessary. However, if you had any other file with an error in any of those fields, then you would need to expand the sample, as at least one field would hit 2 errors (threshold).

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM