Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2265865 - 02/04/22 09:22 PM Re: Note Receivable secured by R/E.. robin1
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
I personally have not but FNMA says they issue them. And I thought you were saying that you had only seen a), which is the type that would require appraisals if they hadn't already been done.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2265872 - 02/04/22 10:06 PM Re: Note Receivable secured by R/E.. robin1
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Type a) would not require appraisals or flood insurance if they are only secured by the notes. It would be no different than making an accounts receivable loan.

Return to Top
#2265875 - 02/04/22 10:14 PM Re: Note Receivable secured by R/E.. robin1
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
OTHER SECURITY INTERESTS 11. If a borrower offers a note on a single-family dwelling as collateral for a loan but the lender does not take a security interest in the dwelling itself, is this a designated loan that requires flood insurance?

No. A designated loan is a loan secured by a building or mobile home that is located or to be located in an SFHA in which flood insurance is available under the Act. In this example, the lender did not take a security interest in the building; therefore, the loan is not a designated loan.

Return to Top
#2265876 - 02/04/22 10:16 PM Re: Note Receivable secured by R/E.. robin1
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
My [next to] last comment on this thread that has drug out beyond anyone's interest other than you and me: I fully agree with you on that point. My point was that that is a type of MBS, and by having the general reference to MBS in the regulation without specifying that they were referring to the other kind can lead to the impression that the regulation actually does require appraisals even though that doesn't make sense or fit with the rest of the definition.
Last edited by rainman; 02/04/22 10:19 PM. Reason: Edited for accurate characterization as not the actual last comment

Return to Top
#2265877 - 02/04/22 10:18 PM Re: Note Receivable secured by R/E.. rlcarey
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
I totally agree with your point. And issuance of bonds that are secured by notes (which in turn are secured by mortgages) is just doing that on a large scale instead of one at a time.

Return to Top
#2265878 - 02/04/22 10:18 PM Re: Note Receivable secured by R/E.. robin1
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Whew - glad we beat that to death late on a Friday smile

Have a great weekend

Return to Top
#2265879 - 02/04/22 10:20 PM Re: Note Receivable secured by R/E.. rlcarey
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
You too. You're two hours closer to finishing than I am.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z