Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2266422 - 02/15/22 10:45 PM Construction to Perm LEs and CDs
ccman Offline
Platinum Poster
We are working with a contract builder to provide financing for applicants construction loans. These are 1-4 SFR. They have
asked that the bank provide a Construction-Perm product which we currently do not offer. Having read most of the threads and
reg., my question is regarding the option to separate the two phases, will the applicant get a LE and CD for the Construction phase and
a LE and CD for the Perm financing phase?

Additionally, must the perm interest rate be the same as the construction interest rate? We are being told the contractor is now completing
the construction phase in 9 months vs previously completing the homes in 5 months, possibly due to supply chain issues with materials.
A bigger concern is the interest rates may be rising over the course of this year leaving the possibility that these loans moving to perm financing may be difficult to place in the secondary market.

Bank counsel is also being consulted.

Any advice or experiences on construction to perm financing would be great!

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2266430 - 02/16/22 11:50 AM Re: Construction to Perm LEs and CDs ccman
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
FNMA has a lot of resources available regarding this product. Have you reviewed this page?

https://singlefamily.fanniemae.com/learning-center/construction-permanent-financing

Return to Top
#2266458 - 02/16/22 03:56 PM Re: Construction to Perm LEs and CDs rlcarey
ccman Offline
Platinum Poster
Thank you. I will definitely check it out.

Return to Top