Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2267157 - 03/03/22 04:25 PM Can we wire to charitable organization in Ukraine?
J_G Offline
Gold Star
Can we send a wire from an individual's account to a charitable organization in Ukraine? The purpose would be a charitable donation to the Ukrainian military.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2267159 - 03/03/22 04:43 PM Re: Can we wire to charitable organization in Ukraine? J_G
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
Perhaps I am not the best to reply so I hope to hear from others but why would you not be able to send a wire to a Ukraine charity? There are numerous charities taking funds to send for Ukrainian defense and our Government did not sanction Ukraine but rather regions for Russian owned entities.

If it is not OK to send funds to Ukraine then a few major charities are breaking some major sanctions.

Return to Top
#2267192 - 03/04/22 04:17 PM Re: Can we wire to charitable organization in Ukraine? J_G
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Ukraine isn't sanctioned as a jurisdiction at this time. There is a lot of aid being sent there due to current events. I would caution though there are a number of illicit actors operating in Ukraine, so I would advise doing some DD on any beneficiary prior to disbursing any funds.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z