Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2267873 - 03/18/22 02:41 PM Old HMDA-related Notice Question
Learned Hand Offline
At my new bank, I found the following notice printed on the same branch poster as the 12 CFR 350 notice that wasn't required any more after 4/2019. It mentions HMDA, but it doesn't look like the prior versions of the HMDA public notice that I'm familiar with. Does anyone recognize this notice?

Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area Notice

The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act required that [this bank] retain in its files a format of the following:
(1) A geographical itemization of loans that are made within a standard metropolitan statistical area (SMSA).
(2) The type of loans that are made within the geographical boundaries of the standard metropolitan statistical area (SMSA).
You may obtain a copy of the most recent SMSA report by asking: [prior bank officer]
You may make any comments regarding SMSA transactions by writing to: [address in another state; no agency or name listed, just street address]

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2268168 - 03/24/22 02:44 PM Re: Old HMDA-related Notice Question Learned Hand
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Considered SMSAs went away in 1983, I would say that you have a poster that belongs in a museum,

Return to Top
#2268262 - 03/28/22 01:39 PM Re: Old HMDA-related Notice Question Learned Hand
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
It could be a collector's item - maybe a regulator would pay for it?!!

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM