Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2268455 - 03/30/22 07:48 PM Re: KC v Buffalo raitchjay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted by raitchjay
NFL overtime rules are already stupid IMO......this would at least be an improvement. No way you should lose a game in OT without ever having the opportunity to have possession of the ball. Imagine if NBA OT rules were similar.

over the course of the 3+ hours it takes for the game to play out, each team averages just over 7 minutes of actual action when the ball is in play. surely if you can't score in that time the extra 1 minute 45 seconds in OT playing time probably won't be enough to compensate for an inadequate offense for one of the 2 teams involved...

so many other inconsistent and stupid rules the NFL has in place that need to be fixed...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2268479 - 03/31/22 01:37 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
I don't have a college team that I would like to watch. It will be interesting to try and find a team that I would like to follow. I have no ties to colleges and have lived all over the place.

HappyGilmore I see your point. It does seem odd to place so much emphasis on OT after so much time. I do think though in the last few minutes of the game when everyone is tired and emotions are high is when you could see something not as normal happen but your point still stands much greater than the OT talk. So many things in the NFL need to be fixed.

For me specifically, we need to have Refs either held accountable for clear game changing GARBAGE or we need a way to challenge and go over situations where a ref could easily cheat a game. I get sometimes bad calls happen but with all the great video enhancements in decades it is clear some refs take it on themselves to change the game.

Return to Top
#2268482 - 03/31/22 01:59 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Can i just throw in as an aside how sick i am of announcers (esp. in basketball) suggesting that referees should swallow their whistles late in the game and "let the players decide it". I don't want a game where it's open season on walking and fouling in the last minute because we must "let the players decide the game". A foul in the first minute of the game is still a foul with the game on the line.

Return to Top
#2268487 - 03/31/22 02:37 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
RJ - i saw a video clip on ESPN that made a top 10 list the other day, the player took 4 steps after his final dribble (5 if you count the ball coming back up off the court) on his way to a dunk...i think traveling is now only called against bench players who come in as 8th or 9th in rotation and play about 12 seconds per game.

Return to Top
#2268491 - 03/31/22 03:00 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Yes, it's gotten ridiculous. Guys also slide their pivot foot and just flat change their pivot foot constantly without it being called too.

Return to Top
#2268493 - 03/31/22 03:32 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
Yuuuuuup!!! Basketball has been getting on my nerves for sure. Exactly what I have been thinking. The game doesn't change cause it is getting close to being over.

Return to Top
#2268496 - 03/31/22 04:03 PM Re: KC v Buffalo raitchjay
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted by raitchjay
Can i just throw in as an aside how sick i am of announcers (esp. in basketball) suggesting that referees should swallow their whistles late in the game and "let the players decide it". I don't want a game where it's open season on walking and fouling in the last minute because we must "let the players decide the game". A foul in the first minute of the game is still a foul with the game on the line.

I can't agree with this enough. By not calling fouls, or throwing penalty flags, etc. that are obvious and SHOULD be called, it's just as much the ref affecting the outcome of the game as if he made an obviously bad call.

Return to Top
#2268498 - 03/31/22 04:11 PM Re: KC v Buffalo SteveDave
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted by SteveDave
I don't have a college team that I would like to watch. It will be interesting to try and find a team that I would like to follow. I have no ties to colleges and have lived all over the place.

Depending on where you're at currently, there are major programs established all over the country. Fall in line with one of those.

Some of the bigger programs have fans all over the country - Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Ohio St (made me ill just saying it), Michigan, Notre Dame.....many more. Or another route is to follow an entire conference pretty closely. I follow Kentucky football pretty heavily, but really enjoy watching just about any SEC game. After all, the SEC is unquestionably the King of college football, right RJ? lol

Return to Top
#2268503 - 03/31/22 04:41 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Well, since before long every school will actually be IN the SEC, yes, they are the king of college football. If you don't believe it, just ask Gary Danielsen. smile

Return to Top
#2268514 - 03/31/22 05:57 PM Re: KC v Buffalo burkemi
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted by burkemi
Originally Posted by SteveDave

Depending on where you're at currently, there are major programs established all over the country. Fall in line with one of those.

Some of the bigger programs have fans all over the country - LSU, LSU, Louisiana State University, the Bayou Bengals, LSU Tigers, LSU A&M (the real school name), LSU, Louisiana State.....many more. Or another route is to follow an entire conference pretty closely. I follow Kentucky football pretty heavily, but really enjoy watching just about any SEC game. After all, the SEC is unquestionably the King of college football, right RJ? lol

went ahead and fixed this for you...

Return to Top
#2268520 - 03/31/22 06:45 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Haha... I'm surprised Kentucky didn't thrown into your mix!!!

Return to Top
#2268529 - 03/31/22 07:37 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
This is fantastic!

Return to Top
#2268530 - 03/31/22 07:38 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Extra crispy is better than the Buffalo wings wink

CAMS

Return to Top
#2268556 - 04/01/22 02:51 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
On that note, Buffalo, in it's constant state of being on the wrong side of calls and league decisions, is now responsible for major rule changes in both the NHL and NFL with the change in the crease rule after No Goal and the overtime rule announced this week.

Return to Top
#2268596 - 04/01/22 06:42 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Buffalo - can't win with the current rules, so change the rules so you can't win there, too! grin

Return to Top
#2268604 - 04/01/22 07:41 PM Re: KC v Buffalo HappyGilmore
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Ouch....and I'm not even a Buffalo fan.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2