Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2268600 - 04/01/22 07:27 PM Another REG E Question
reknab Offline
Gold Star
not where I want to be
Customer disputed charge from Zoom. We received payment details from Zoom that showed auth code, avs code, avs street address, and zip code all passed. Also, customer name, email and address matched what we have on file. We ended up refunding customer because "the documentation does not prove if the customer did or did not benefit from the transaction". I would think that based on the info provided we could deny this.
Thoughts from the experts please?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2268602 - 04/01/22 07:32 PM Re: Another REG E Question reknab
BrianC Online
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
auth code, avs code, avs street address, and zip code all passed. Also, customer name, email and address matched what we have on file

Which of these pieces of information is immune from a cyber hack, phishing email, or other scam? None of this information proves that your customer authorized the charges vs. their information being compromised.

Return to Top
#2268605 - 04/01/22 07:51 PM Re: Another REG E Question reknab
reknab Offline
Gold Star
not where I want to be
Got it. Thank you!

Return to Top
#2268608 - 04/01/22 09:22 PM Re: Another REG E Question reknab
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
FWIW it isn't in Reg E but is in the EFTA, that the burden of proof is on the bank. So short of the consumer incriminating themselves, these are claims banks will pay more and more.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett