Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2266972 - 02/28/22 04:38 PM Shred Companies
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Looking for guidance regarding shred companies/document destruction.
What documentation should we be obtaining prior? Would you allow shredding to be done both onsite and offsite?
Do you make your company sign a contract?

Thanks in advance.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2268640 - 04/04/22 02:11 PM Re: Shred Companies JWills, CRCM
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
We *just* signed a contract for this. We chose to do truck on site shredding so we could examine the truck and determine that they completed our work.

Absolutely on signing a contract, this is highly confidential stuff, it's not the cardboard recycling from employee snack and amazon shipments, it's bank records. I'm about to draft a procedure on it for employees in the locations using it to sign off on. Daily shred from your stations goes to the locked bin, (no BSA management stuff gets shredded by the vendor, no Board stuff gets shredded by the vendor, etc.) as well as the step about confirming that all the records were destroyed onsite.

I read the contract to determine their hiring and certifications, and for typical vendor management things. My operations manager contacted people for service records (including people that we knew used them that weren't on their list of clients/recommendations.), and one of my loan folks reviewed their financials.

Return to Top
#2268657 - 04/04/22 08:50 PM Re: Shred Companies JWills, CRCM
compgal21 Offline
Agreed with Always in Training - we hired an onsite shred truck and a bank employee makes sure all of our documents were shredded and destroyed properly.

Return to Top