Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2268835 - 04/08/22 12:17 PM Untimely LE Secondary Market Loan
Carter'sMom Offline
Our process has always been to not charge the borrower any of the fees on an untimely LE situation. In the last few weeks, we had an investor kick back a secondary market file of this nature and told us we should have denied the file and started over once we realized we had a timing violation. What? This does not seem in the best interest of the customer. What do we even deny them for? I dismissed this as a one-off. Now we have a second investor telling us the same thing. Am I thinking about this all wrong? Maybe what they are really telling us is that they won't buy a TRID loan with a timing violation?

I tried to research previous posts but didn't see anything recent. Appreciate any help!

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2268837 - 04/08/22 12:48 PM Re: Untimely LE Secondary Market Loan Carter'sMom
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Likely the investor will not buy a loan with a timing violation - that is a true statement. But an investor is going a little rogue in suggesting that a creditor should deny a loan application because the lender screwed up.

Return to Top
#2268852 - 04/08/22 04:51 PM Re: Untimely LE Secondary Market Loan Carter'sMom
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
FNMA & FHLB are our main investors and I've not heard this from either. I'd take it further up the food chain to the investor's compliance department because what they're telling you is wrong. Basically they're telling you to cover up your mistake and collect the fees from the borrower under a new app and LE. I can guarantee you examiners will not like that as a bank procedure.

Return to Top
#2268857 - 04/08/22 06:18 PM Re: Untimely LE Secondary Market Loan Truffle Royale
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
You might want to review this thread for more information on what doing what the investor is telling you to do may lead to.

Return to Top