Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2268853 - 04/08/22 04:59 PM Play Money for Training Situations
SouthernBSA Offline
New Poster
Our training department is wanting to purchase play money (that looks remarkably like real currency, save for some pink Chinese lettering that says "play money") that you can find on Amazon for use in teller training situations. Our guidance has always been that play money should either 1) not look anything like real currency or 2) is at least reduced to 75% or blown up to at least 125% of real currency.

They are asking us for the specific law that shows that they cannot use this real-looking play currency. I have sent them news stories of this play money finding itself in circulation, and I've warned them that if any of those bills find their way into circulation then they would end up in real trouble, but they say that as long as they aren't trying to use the play money, it's not a crime.

Does anyone who knows more about this than I do have any straight-from-the-horse's mouth guidance on this subject?

Here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/CKBYHYG-Piec...amp;hvtargid=pla-1258822560713&psc=1

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2268861 - 04/08/22 07:17 PM Re: Play Money for Training Situations SouthernBSA
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#2268871 - 04/09/22 04:44 PM Re: Play Money for Training Situations SouthernBSA
Amy S Offline
100 Club
I see Randy's point! Amazon obviously would not be selling counterfeit bills, however, those do look incredible real, beyond the obvious. I would encourage them to opt for a better marked or much less realistic form. Amazon has all kinds of course.

If they want to stick to more realistic bills, I found some marked a little better. The coins are plastic: https://www.amazon.com/ATAMOW-Realistic-Counting-Learning-Register/dp/B09B293MZM

Return to Top
#2268872 - 04/09/22 11:26 PM Re: Play Money for Training Situations SouthernBSA
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Trust me - Amazon has no clue as to what is being sold on their website. I would not put much faith in them acting as a policeman.

Return to Top
#2268879 - 04/11/22 12:24 PM Re: Play Money for Training Situations SouthernBSA
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z