Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2201839 - 01/02/19 02:21 PM Preapproval / Prequalification - disclosures
Shih_Tzu_Lvr Offline
what disclosures are required for a preapproval / prequalification? I know an LE is not required until a property is found.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2201844 - 01/02/19 02:51 PM Re: Preapproval / Prequalification - disclosures Shih_Tzu_Lvr
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It is an application for a mortgage loan. Outside of the six pieces of information that triggers TRID disclosures, none of the other regulatory requirements have such a limitation.

Return to Top
#2201862 - 01/02/19 03:33 PM Re: Preapproval / Prequalification - disclosures Shih_Tzu_Lvr
Shih_Tzu_Lvr Offline
So your saying things like

MA 184
Privacy
ARM Disclosure
Charm Booklet
Evidence Of Joint Application
ECOA
US Patriot Act
Housing Counselor Notice
Appraisal Notice

All apply?

I assume the Home Loan Tool Kit applies when a property is found.

Return to Top
#2269288 - 04/18/22 06:23 PM Re: Preapproval / Prequalification - disclosures Shih_Tzu_Lvr
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Did you ultimately require all those disclosures Shih Tzu Lvr? We are standing up a preapproval program now and I am getting push back from the lenders on requiring these disclosures as they say at their other shops it was not required. I can see appraisal disclosure, joint intent, Patriot Act, and ARM disclosures if that is the type of loan they are looking for - but privacy- I am not sure - as they are not our "customer" at preapproval stage, right?

Also, on the appraisal notice, I read on another thread it was only required if they used the preapproval app for the new loan too. Why would there be a difference? If you make them complete a new application for the end loan, does that mean you don't give the appraisal disclosure on just a preapproval app?

Return to Top
#2269294 - 04/18/22 07:50 PM Re: Preapproval / Prequalification - disclosures Shih_Tzu_Lvr
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Regarding the appraisal disclosure - they are saying that a preapproval application is NOT: in connection with an application for credit that is to be secured by a first lien on a dwelling?

Privacy:

(2) Examples in the case of a financial institution other than a credit union. For purposes of this paragraph (e)(2), “you” is limited to financial institutions other than credit unions.

(i) An individual who applies to you for credit for personal, family, or household purposes is a consumer of a financial service, regardless of whether the credit is extended.

Return to Top
#2269355 - 04/19/22 06:23 PM Re: Preapproval / Prequalification - disclosures Shih_Tzu_Lvr
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I wonder if the LOs are mixing up prequalification with a preapproval when they say other shops didn't require disclosures?

Return to Top