BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1855453 - 09/25/13 07:29 PM Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration
EB, CAMS Offline
100 Club
EB, CAMS
flyover country
OK, Oklahoma bankers, I need some help! I was recently informed that if a business owner has a privately owned ATM they are required by state law to register that ATM with the State Banking Commission...annually by April 1.

I found the forms on the state banking website, but my question,is there a registration list or other database of already registered businesses/persons? I could not locate one.

Thanks!

Return to Top
#1855485 - 09/25/13 07:58 PM Re: Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration EB, CAMS
Pauli Loeffler Offline
Pauli Loeffler
OK
There is no list on the Oklahoma State Banking Department's website, so you would need to call them to get a list. Your customer should be able to provide you with a copy of his registration to show that he is in compliance.

Return to Top
#1876757 - 12/06/13 05:39 PM Re: Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration EB, CAMS
EB, CAMS Offline
100 Club
EB, CAMS
flyover country
So, what if one of my customers flat REFUSES to provide me a copy of their certificate?

Return to Top
#1876797 - 12/06/13 06:40 PM Re: Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration EB, CAMS
Pauli Loeffler Offline
Pauli Loeffler
OK
Either call the State Banking Commission and ask for the current registration (no right of privacy would be violated) or close the account.

Return to Top
#1876856 - 12/06/13 08:14 PM Re: Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration EB, CAMS
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would be doing the latter suggestion rather than the former. An account at your bank is a privilege rather than a right and you dictate what the customer must provide to have an account, not the other way around.

Return to Top
#1876858 - 12/06/13 08:20 PM Re: Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration EB, CAMS
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Agreed. Evidence of required registration is no different than any other CIP required document. Besides, how are you going to explain to your examiner that you don't have it and continue to let him do business through your bank.

Aside: let me have three guesses as to the customer, and the first two won't count........

Return to Top
#2050598 - 11/19/15 09:35 PM Re: Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration EB, CAMS
Jayne Offline
New Poster
We just recently became aware of this requirement.

The rules refer to "installation" of ATM.

Should we take this literally and require documentation of the registration from customers who have an ATM on the premises but do not own the ATM? This is a fairly common scenario in OK.

What about ATMs that are owned by the bank and placed at a customer's place of business?

Return to Top
#2268535 - 03/31/22 08:35 PM Re: Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration EB, CAMS
Auditgal Offline
100 Club
Following

Return to Top
#2268537 - 03/31/22 08:56 PM Re: Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration EB, CAMS
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You are following a post that has not been updated in 7 years?

Plus, the department banking now posts the list: https://oklahoma.gov/banking/institutions-lists/atms-privately-owned.html

Return to Top
#2269411 - 04/20/22 06:00 PM Re: Privately Owned ATM Oklahoma Registration rlcarey
Auditgal Offline
100 Club
I did not pay attention to the date of the post but I still needed the answer - however I did already find the OSBD list. Thank you

Return to Top