Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2269475 - 04/21/22 05:54 PM Reg E dispute or Buyers remorse?
Shannon R Offline
New Poster
A client went to a website and purchased multiple items due to a close out sale. The client says after making the purchase she did not get a confirmation email so she then entered a different card and received a confirmation email. The website has a clear “No refunds, no returns all sales final” banner since they are going out of business. The client also got a fraud alert on her debit card for these charges (which stopped some of them from processing) and confirmed they were authorized. I tried to call the merchant today but the phone lines are permanently shut down since they are out of business and it said to contact the merchant via email.

I am all leaning towards the client made the purchase and will most likely receive both orders in the mail. There are no refunds and no returns she is not able to send it back to get a refund. I feel this is just buyers remorse and there is nothing we can do since no error actually occurred. Are we able to decline the dispute since she made the purchase and chose to use another form of payment after the first one already processed? Or is there a piece I am missing that would cover her via Reg E or Visa Rules?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2269476 - 04/21/22 06:04 PM Re: Reg E dispute or Buyers remorse? Shannon R
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
She authorized the payments, both of them, and the bank paid out the money according to her instructions. These are not covered by Reg E.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett